- Colloquium: Current challenges for EU cross-border litigation in a changing procedural environment (2018)
- Conference: Fault in Contract Law (March 2010)
- Conference: KCON9 (February 2014)
- Conference: Litigation and Tort Reform (March 2007)
- Conference: Prague Conference on Political Economy (PCPE) 2012 (October 2012)
- Conference: Restitution Rollout: R3RUE (February 2011)
- Conference: The Administrative-Private Law Interface in IP (March 2018)
- Conference: Tort Law, Morality and Social Justice (December 2012)
- Symposium in Honour of John McCamus (February 2013)
- Virtual event: Civil Justice Fest (November 2020)
A Virtual Conversation: The Lost Translators of 1808 and The Birth of Civil Law in Louisiana, Tulane Law School. Uploaded 28 April 2020.
Lisa Austin, Privacy, Power, and the Inadequacies of Private Law. The Singapore Symposium in Legal Theory 2016. Uploaded on 23 March 2016.
Oren Bar-Gill, Consumer Psychology and Consumer Protection. 18 May 2011, at the 88th Annual Meeting of the American Law Institute. Uploaded on 1 June 2011.
Oren Bar-Gill, Contextualizing Contracts. Harvard Law School, Diversity and Social Justice Lecture Series, 30 March 2017. Uploaded on 3 April 2017.
Oren Bar-Gill, Oren Bar-Gill: Frontiers of Consumer Law. Harvard Law School, 18 April 2017. Uploaded on 3 May 2017.
Kit Barker, The Very Modern Value of Wesley Newcomb Hohfeld – A Centennial Appraisal. Singapore Symposium in Legal Theory 2018, 5 February 2018. Uploaded on 13 February 2018.
Hugh Beale, A European Contract Law: a cuckoo in the nest? recorded on 13 January 2011 at London School of Economics and Political Science. Uploaded on 18 January 2011.
Allan Beever, Tort Law and The Tort System: From Vindictiveness to Vindication. Tort Law Research Group, Western University. Uploaded on 16 October 2018.
Allan Beever, What Happened to the Law?. Inaugural Professorial Address, AUT, 8 March 2016.
John Bell and Matt Dyson, Compensation for Asbestos, Crashing Cars, Bungling Medics and Exploding Boilers – Can Private Law Meet the Challenge of a Changing Society?. Leeds Law School, 4 February 2008. Audio only. Uploaded on 26 February 2013.
Virginia Bell, The Individual Judge. The Honourable Virginia Bell AC, Justice of the High Court of Australia, delivers the keynote address at the launch of UNSW Law Journal Issue 40(2) on ‘The Individual Judge’, at Clayton Utz on 29 May 2017. Uploaded on 20 June 2017.
Omri Ben-Shahar, Myths of Consumer Protection: Information, Litigation, and Access. Recorded 17 February 2009 as the annual Ronald H Coase Lecture in Law and Economics at University of Chicago Law School. Uploaded on 27 June 2013.
Omri Ben-Shahar, The ‘No Contract’ Assurance. University of Chicago, 27 March 2012. Uploaded on 22 May 2012.
Jeff Berryman, Tort Law, Personal Injuries, and the New Multiculturalism. Western University. Uploaded on 17 November 2014.
Guido Calabresi, Tort Law in the Shadow of Agency Preemption. Keynote address at 2009 ASAL Symposium, 27 February 2009, New York University School of Law. Uploaded on 2 March 2009.
Elizabeth Cabraser, J Russell Jackson, Andre Mura and Victor Schwartz, A Brewing Debate: Does the Tort System Need Reform?. 12 October 2011, NYU School of Law. Uploaded on 14 October 2011.
Martha Chamallas, Gender-Inclusive Tort Law: Aren’t We There Yet?. Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 29 March 2016.
Hanoch Dagan, A Liberal Theory of Property. Singapore Symposium in Legal Theory 2018, 12 February 2018. Uploaded on 4 March 2018.
Paul Davies, Bad Bargains. Inaugural Lecture, University College London, January 2019. Uploaded on 8 February 2018.
Simon Deakin, The evolution of vicarious liability. Cambridge Private Law Centre Allen and Overy Annual Law Lecture, 8 November 2017. Uploaded on 9 November 2017.
Ronit Donyets-Kedar, Responsibility in Private Law. Emory University School of Law Feminism and Legal Theory Project. Uploaded on 8 March 2013.
Antony Duff, Torts and Crimes. 7 November 2012, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Timothy Endicott, Interpretation and the Rule of Law. 28 March 2013, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Lee Fennell, Property in Housing. University of Chicago. Uploaded on 4 December 2012.
Glenn Fredericks, The Concept of Good Faith in Australian Contract Law .
State Chambers. Uploaded on 4 July 2018.
Charles Fried’s, ‘Contract as Promise: A Theory of Contractual Obligation’. Harvard Law School Library Book Talk, 23 September 2015. Uploaded on 24 September 2012.
Kate Galloway, The Influence of the Sexual Contract on the Law’s Distribution of Property in Intimate Relationships. The Sexual Contract: 30 Years On conference at the Law School, Cardiff University on 10-11 May 2018. Uploaded August 2018.
John Gardner, Introducing the themes of The Quain Lectures 2014 and How can moral philosophers benefit from grappling with private law issues? Uploaded on 27 March 2014.
Mark Geistfeld, The Field of Torts in Law’s Empire. Inaugural Lecture of the Sheila Lubetsky Birnbaum Professorship of Civil Litigation, NYU Law School. Uploaded on 25 January 2010.
Clayton Gillette, Explaining Law and Economics. NYU School of Law, 22 October 2014. Uploaded on 3 November 2014.
Myriam Gilles, Georgene Vairo, Robert Klonoff and Catherine M Sharkey, Tort ‘Reform’ and its impact on the Development of US Law. The Pound Civil Justice Institute and Emory University School of Law. Uploaded on 22 October 2015.
John Goldberg, Sleight of Hand: Negligence, Ordinary Care, and Cost-Benefit Analysis. Western University Tort Law Research Group Public Lecture. Uploaded on 13 March 2017.
John Goldberg, Henry Smith, Brian Leiter, Anthony Sebok and Catharine Wells, Who’s Afraid of Christopher Columbus Langdell?. Their talk was part of the HLS in the World bicentennial summit which took place at Harvard Law School on Friday, October 27, 2017. Uploaded on 13 November 2017.
Paul Goldstein, The Americanization of Global Copyright Norms. Frey Lecture 2015, Duke University School of Law, 17 September 2015, streamed live.
Wendy Gordon, The Liberty to Copy Unpatented Inventions: Potential Collisions with Trademark and Copyright Law. Boston University Annual Lecture, 6 November 2017. Uploaded on 30 January 2018.
Tony Grabiner, Public Policy, Illegality and Contracts. Cambridge Private Law Centre, Allen and Overy Annual Law Lecture, 24 November 2015. Uploaded on 8 December 2015.
Sarah Green, Torts and Capabilities. Western University, 4 March 2019. Uploaded on 4 March 2019.
Peter Groves, Justifications for intellectual property. Uploaded on 15 April 2018.
Francis Gurry, Re-thinking the Role of IP. The University of Melbourne. Uploaded on 2 September 2013.
Brenda Hale, Principle and Pragmatism in Developing Private Law. 2019 Cambridge Freshfields Lecture, 7 March 2019. Uploaded on 13 March 2019.
Valerie Hans, A Psychological Perspective on Tort Law. Universidad EAFIT, 26 February 2018. Uploaded on 3 April 2018.
Matthew Harding, Independence and Accountability in the Charity Sector. Singapore Symposium in Legal Theory 2019, National University of Singapore. Uploaded on 7 May 2019.
John Harris, Brooke Magnanti and Anne Phillips, Owning Ourselves: Are our bodies our property?. IAI TV.
Dirk Hartog, Quantum Meruit and Old Age Care in American Family Life. 2011 Fulton Lecture in Legal History, University of Chicago. Uploaded on 23 May 2011.
Barbara Herman, The Moral Side of Non-negligence. Recorded on 26 February 2014, as the Dewey Lecture in Law and Philosophy at the University of Chicago Law School. Uploaded on 18 March 2014.
Scott Hershovitz, Tort and Revenge. Recorded on 16 March 2015, at Western University’s Faculty of Law. Uploaded on 16 March 2015.
Leonard Hoffmann, Constitutionalism and Private Law. 28 January 2015, 2015 Cambridge Freshfields Lecture. Uploaded on 31 January 2015.
Christian Joerges, The Challenges of Europeanization in the Realm of Private Law: A Plea for a New Legal Discipline. Herbert L Bernstein Memorial Lecture in International and Comparative Law, 16 September 2003. Uploaded on 10 June 2013.
Larissa Katz, Shyam Balganesh and Laura Underkuffler on Introduction to Property Theory by Gregory Alexander and Eduardo Peñalver. Recorded at Cornell University Law School on 3 October 2012. Uploaded on 3 October 2012.
Duncan Kennedy, Hot Cases and Cold Cases. Harvard Law School, Diversity and Social Justice Lecture Series. Uploaded on 7 February 2017.
Tsachi Keren-Paz, Interview with Tsachi Keren-Paz, by Diego Papayannis, in which he explains his background, his views on Tort Law, and the direction of his current work on Sex Trafficking. Uploaded on 12 March 2013.
Tsachi Keren-Paz, On eggs, egg-shell skulls and a sick sikh. Seminario del Grupo de Filosofía del Derecho de la Universitat de Girona en Girona, 19 March 2015. Uploaded on 27 July 2015.
Tsachi Keren-Paz, Private law: A social tool that reflects different forms of justice. Inaugural Lecture, Keele University, 12 May 2014. Uploaded on 5 September 2014.
Hein Kötz, Civil Justice Systems in Europe and the United States. Herbert L Bernstein Memorial Lecture in International and Comparative Law, 10 September 2002. Uploaded on 9 July 2014.
Peter Lachmann, The Penumbra of Thalidomide: The Litigation Culture and the Licensing of Pharmaceuticals. Baron Ver Heyden de Lancey Lecture on Medico-Legal Studies, 18 November 2011. Uploaded on 2 February 2016.
Saul Levmore, If the Common Law was Efficient, Why Did It Decline? University of Chicago Law School, 15 October 2018. Uploaded on 25 October 2018.
Joseph Lookofsky, Desperately Seeking Subsidiarity: Danish Private Law in Scandinavian, European and Global Context. Herbert L Bernstein Memorial Lecture in International and Comparative Law, 13 November 2007. Uploaded on 9 July 2014.
Anup Malani, Contract Law, Transaction Costs, and the Boundary of the Firm. University of Chicago, 9 November 2011. Uploaded on 3 April 2012.
Nick McBride, Sandy Steel, Jonathan Morgan and Janet O’Sullivan, ‘This House Believes That Duties of Care are Really Duties’. Cambridge University Law Society Debate, 4 March 2013. Audio only. Uploaded on 8 March 2013.
Beverley McLachlin, Developing the Private Law in the Face of the ‘Vanishing Trial’. Obligations VI Conference, 18 July 2012, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Thomas Merrill, Possession as a Natural Right. 10th Annual Hayek Lecture at NYU School of Law, 16 October 2014. Uploaded on 3 November 2014.
Paul Mitchell, Patterns of Legal Change. Inaugural Lecture, UCL Faculty of Laws, 9 February 2012. Uploaded on 21 September 2012.
Mayo Moran, Rethinking the Reasonable Person. Western Law’s Tort Law Research Group. Uploaded on 9 February 2017.
Hanri Mostert, Accountability and Dependability as Pillars of Property Law. Inaugural lecture, University of Cape Town, 29 September 2010. Uploaded on 16 August 2012.
Liam Murphy, Explaining Law and Philosophy. NYU School of Law, 12 November 2014. Uploaded on 14 November 2014.
Ralph Nader, Restoring Tort Law. Center for Study of Responsive Law, 26-28 September 2016. Uploaded on 16 November 2016.
Ralph Nader, The Corporate Plot To Destroy Your Legal Rights. Mike Papantonio. Uploaded on 5 January 2017.
Ralph Nader, The Myth of the Litigious Society. Ralph Nader Radio Hour. Uploaded on 5 May 2018.
Ken Oliphant (‘Against Certainty’) and Donal Nolan (‘Deconstructing Duty’) at Obligations VI Conference. 18 July 2012, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Kevin Outterson, The legal ecology of resistance, or why normal IP rules shouldn’t apply to antibiotics. Cambridge CIPIL Intellectual Property Seminar, 24 April 2014. Audio only. Uploaded on 25 April 2014.
Aaron Perzanowski, The End of Ownership. Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society. Uploaded on 18 November 2016.
Pascal Pichonnaz, Common Method of Interpretation for a More Harmonized Private Law in Europe – The Challenge to Go Beyond Black-letter Rules and Commentaries. Cambridge CELS Seminar, 20 February 2013. Audio only. Uploaded on 21 February 2013.
Deborah Ramirez, Liability Insurance for Police. American Museum of Tort Law. Uploaded on 16 June 2020.
Jeremias Prassl, Freedom of Contract in EU Law: from General Principle to Fundamental Right?. 11 February 2015, CELS, University of Cambridge (audio only). Uploaded on 11 February 2015.
Jennifer Robbennolt, Valerie Hans, Stephen Daniels and Barney Shultz, The Psychology of Tort Law – A Panel Discussion. University of Illinois College of Law. Uploaded on 30 March 2016.
Andrew Robertson, The Assumption of Responsibility. Cambridge Private Law Centre Seminar, 23 January 2015. Audio only. Uploaded on 26 January 2015.
Irit Samet, Equity: Conscience Goes To Market. The Singapore Symposium in Legal Theory 2015. Uploaded on 3 June 2015.
Catherine Sharkey, Tom Tyler, Jeffrey Rachlinski and Stewart Schwab, The Psychology of Tort Law by Valerie P Hans and Jennifer K Robbennolt. 5 February 2016, Cornell University Law School. Uploaded on 11 February 2016.
Daniela Simone (with Tanya Aplin and Séverine Dusollier), Book Launch: Copyright and Collective Authorship. University College London. Uploaded on 13 November 2019.
Kenneth Simons, Assumption of Risk and Consent in the Twenty-First Century. 30 March 2016, University of California, Irvine, School of Law. Uploaded on 21 April 2016.
Stephen Smith, Rights, Wrongs, and Injustices: Taking Remedies Seriously. 8 May 2018, Freshfields Lecture, University of Cambridge. Uploaded on 9 May 2018.
Stephen Smith, Rights, wrongs, and injustices: The structure of remedial law. 23 August 2017, University of Otago. Uploaded on 24 October 2017.
Robert Stevens, Causation and Contribution. 19 March 2014, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 11 April 2014.
Joseph Stiglitz, The Economic Foundations of Intellectual Property. Frey Lecture 2007, Duke Law School, 16 February 2007. Uploaded on 5 January 2010.
David Tan, Works, Marks and Personae: De(Re)Constructing Narratives in Intellectual Property Law. Inaugural professorial lecture, National University of Singapore Faculty of Law, 16 October 2019. Uploaded on 23 October 2019.
Richard Thaler, From Cashews to Nudges: The Evolution of Behavioral Economics. Nobel Lecture, Stockholm University, 8 December 2017. Uploaded on 8 December 2017.
Jörg Tittel, Charles Brownstein, Christopher Sprigman and Barton Beebe, Copyright vs. Creativity: Is Intellectual Property Reserved for the 1%?. NYU School of Law, 23 September 2014. Uploaded on 21 October 2014.
Prue Vines, Apologising for personal injury – when to say you’re sorry. UNSW Law Professorial Lecture, 7 October 2011. Uploaded on 11 October 2011.
G Edward White, The Transformation of the Civil Trial and the Emergence of American Tort Law. Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, 10 March 2016. Uploaded on 31 March 2016.
Benjamin Zipursky, Responsibility for Online Defamation. Tort Law Research Group, Western University. Uploaded on 29 February 2016.
Max Planck Institute Luxembourg, 26 September 2018. Uploaded 13 November 2018.
- Panel 1: Beyond actor sequitur forum rei.
- Panel 2: Collective Redress.
- Panel 3: Internet: Disruptor or facilitator
- Panel 4: The Brussels regime and political questions.
Conference: Fault in Contract Law
University of Chicago Law School, 26-27 September 2008. Uploaded June-July 2013.
- Oren Bar-Gill, An Information-Based Theory of Willful Breach.
- George Cohen, The Fault that Lies Within Our Contract Law.
- Richard Craswell, When Is Willful Breach ‘Willful’?
- Ariel Porat, A Comparative Fault Defense in Contract Law.
- Eric Posner, Fault in Contract Law.
- Richard Posner, Let Us Never Blame a Contract Breaker.
- Robert Scott and Fabrizio Cafaggi, In (Partial) Defense of Strict Liability.
- Steven Thel, A Promisor-Based Defense of Willful Breach Doctrine.
St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, 21-22 February 2014. Uploaded 28 February and 5-31 March 2014
- Behavior, Bargaining, Incentives and Contract (Kenneth Ching, Wendy Netter Epstein, Andrew Verstein and Eric Zacks)
- Contract and Choice (Daniel Barnhizer, Max Helveston, Michael Pratt and Gregory Shill)
- Contract and its Relationship to other Doctrines (Jamie Fox, Juliet Moringiello, Roni Rosenberg, Robert Whitman and Deborah Zalesne)
- Contract as a Civil Right (Robin West)
- Contract Interpretation (Shawn Bayern, Peter Gerhart and Amir Pichhadze)
- Contract Law and Social Justice: An Oxymoron? (Danielle Hart, Hila Keren, Charles Knapp, Peter Linzer, and Amy Schmitz)
- Contracts and Commercial Dealings (Sidney Delong, Peter Marchetti, Michael Pinsof and Jeremy Telman)
- Contracts and Employment (Rachel Arnow-Richman, Meredith Miller and Masaki Nakabayashi)
- Contracts and Teaching (Lucille Ponte, Todd Sullivan, Alan White, and Candace Zierdt)
- Contracts and Technology (Christopher Bisping, Timothy Dodsworth, Deb Quentel, Jeffrey Ritter and David Tollen)
- Contracts Roundup (Thomas Barton, Suren Gomtsyan, Marc Roark, Tibor Tajti and Manuel Ustet)
- Dispute Resolution by Contract (Hiro Aragaki, Daniel Becker, Caio Gabra de Almeida, Allen Blair and Benjamin Pomerance)
- Emergence of Contracts Standards and its Future Impact on Legal Education (Kingsley Martin)
- International Issues in Contracting (Reza Beheshti, Larry DiMatteo, and Lyn KL Tjon Soel Len)
- Justice and Contract Avoidance (Babette Boliek, Gerrit De Geest and Joasia Luzak)
- Law, Literature and Contracts (Ariela Gross, Lenora Ledwon, Deborah Post and Pat Williams)
- Plenary Session: The Works of Linda J Rusch (Amy Boss, Neil Cohen, Larry Garvin and Stephen Sepinuck)
- Remedies (Scott Devito, Katie Gianasi, Jack Graves, Caprice Roberts and Nicholas Sage)
- Teaching Contracts in the Digital Age (Debra Cohen , Christina Kunz, John Mayer and Benjamin Templin)
- Third Parties (Nicolas Cornell, Monika Woodard and Dustin Zacks)
- Wrap Contracts by Nancy Kim (Wayne Barnes, Daniel Barnhizer, Miriam Cherry, Jim Gibson, Nancy Kim and Keith Rowley)
Conference: Litigation and Tort Reform
Northwestern University School of Law, 30 March 2007. Uploaded on 12 February 2008.
- Introduction (Marshall Shapo)
- Medical Malpractice, Insurance Coverage, and Tort Reform (Ronen Avraham, Yasutora Watanabe, Max Schanzenbach and David Hyman)
- Tort Reform Through the Courts: Neutral Principals of Stare Decisis in Tort Litigation (Victor E Schwartz)
- The Impact of Caps: Non-Economic Compensatory Damages and Punitive Damages (Ronald J Allen, Catherine M Sharkey and Ronen Avraham)
- Alternatives to Tort Liability (Michelle Mello, Paul Barringer and Paul Rubin)
Conference: Prague Conference on Political Economy (PCPE) 2012
Prague, Czech Republic, 26-28 October 2012. AUDIO ONLY, uploaded 7 November 2012.
- Opening of the Conference (Josef Šíma)
- The Place of Torts in Law and Economics: The Significance of the Liability Rule (Guido Calabresi)
- A free-market view on accidents and torts (Enrico Colombatto)
- The Economic Dynamics of Law (David M Driesen)
- Risk Distribution in the Law of Torts: Carrying Calabresi Further (Marc Geistfeld)
- Guido Calabresi and the Construction of Contemporary American Legal Theory (James Hackney)
- Some Thoughts on Yale and Guido (Laura Kalman)
- Juris Prudence: Calabresi’s Uneasy Relationship with the Coase Theorem (Steve Medema)
- Assessing the Insurance Role of Tort Liability after Calabresi (W Kip Viscusi and Joni Hersch)
Conference: Restitution Rollout: The Restatement (Third) of Restitution and Unjust Enrichment
25 February 2011, Washington and Lee University School of Law. Uploaded 22-23 October 2013.
- Overview and Unjust Enrichment (Mike Traynor, Louis Wolcher, Peter Linzer and Donna Huffman)
- R3RUE and Contract (Joseph Perillo, Caprice Roberts, David Campbell , Victor Goldberg and Alexander Stremitzer)
- Keynote Address (Andrew Kull)
- Defense (Lionel Smith, Adam Rigoni, Anthony Duggan and George Roach)
- Restitution on the Cutting Edge (David Partlett, Russ Weaver, Jim Rogers and Candace Kovacic Fleischer)
Conference: The Administrative-Private Law Interface in IP
Harvard Law School, 29 March 2018. Uploaded on 4 April 2018.
- Opening remarks (John Manning and David Kappos)
- Panel 1: Do Private Law and IP Mix in IP? (Arti Rai, Todd Rakoff, Kali Murray, and Scott Kieff)
- Panel 2: Oil States and the Constitutionality of Administrative Adjudication (Adam Mossoff, Sophie Wang, John Duffy, and Caleb Nelson)
- Panel 3: The Limits of Preclusion and Deference (Melissa Wasserman, Megan La Belle, Kristin Hickman, and John Golden)
- Closing Remarks (James Smith)
Conference: Tort Law, Morality and Social Justice
University of Girona, 17-18 December 2012. Uploaded on 3 May 2013. Full papers are here.
- Risks and Wrongs’ Account of Corrective Justice in Tort Law: Too much or Too Little? (Tsachi Keren-Paz)
- Liability and Assignability (Jules Coleman)
- Corrective Justice, Well-being, and Responsibility (Diego M Papayannis and reply)
- Corrective Justice, Corrected (John Gardner and reply)
- Coleman on Gap-Filling and Default Rules (Martín Hevia and reply)
- A Compensatory Conception of Corrective Justice Revisited (C Rosenkrantz and reply)
Symposium in honour of John McCamus
7 February 2013, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University. Uploaded 25 March 2013.
- Access to Justice (Janet Mosher, Trevor Farrow and Michael Trebilcock)
- Civil Liberties (Nathalie Desrosiers, Fay Faraday and Sonia Lawrence)
- Contract Law (Stephen Waddams, Michael Pratt and Angela Swan)
- Keynote address (Roderick A Macdonald)
- Restitution Law (Andrew Kull, Dan Priel and Benjamin Geva)
Virtual event: Civil Justice Fest
November 2020, Law & Economics Center, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University. Uploaded November 2020.
- Managing Dockets and Judicial Resources During COVID-19 While Preserving Standards of Fairness and Justice
- Looking Forward: Civil Justice Issues in the Next Administration and New Congress
- The Expanding Scope of Public Nuisance and Locality Litigation: The Role of Precedent, Consistency, and the Rule of Law
- Tort Liability for Businesses During COVID-19
- Developments in Products and Other Liability for E-Commerce Marketplaces and Other Platforms
- The Role of Courts in Managing New Theories of Remedies
- Behind the Curtain at the American Law Institute (ALI)
- Dissecting the Development of Claims: Trends in Lawyer Advertising and Third Party Litigation Financing
- The Proper Judicial Standards for Evaluating and Ensuring Quality in Expert Testimony
- The Interplay Between Medical Device Regulatory Reviews and Civil Liability Standards
- The New California Privacy Act and Other Emerging Issues in Privacy Litigation
- A Survey of Emerging Issues in Civil Justice