- Conference: Contract Law in Context (March 2010)
- Conference: Fault in Contract Law (March 2010)
- Conference: KCON9 (February 2014)
- Conference: Litigation and Tort Reform (March 2007)
- Conference: Prague Conference on Political Economy (PCPE) 2012 (October 2012)
- Conference: Restitution Rollout: R3RUE (February 2011)
- Conference: Third Restatement of Torts (April 2009)
- Symposium in Honour of John McCamus (February 2013)
Oren Bar-Gill, Consumer Psychology and Consumer Protection. 18 May 2011, at the 88th Annual Meeting of the American Law Institute. Uploaded on 1 June 2011.
Hugh Beale, A European Contract Law: a cuckoo in the nest? recorded on 13 January 2011 at London School of Economics and Political Science. Uploaded on 18 January 2011.
Allan Beever, What Happened to the Law?. Inaugural Professorial Address, AUT, 8 March 2016.
John Bell and Matt Dyson, Compensation for Asbestos, Crashing Cars, Bungling Medics and Exploding Boilers – Can Private Law Meet the Challenge of a Changing Society?. Leeds Law School, 4 February 2008. Audio only. Uploaded on 26 February 2013.
Omri Ben-Shahar, Myths of Consumer Protection: Information, Litigation, and Access. Recorded 17 February 2009 as the annual Ronald H Coase Lecture in Law and Economics at University of Chicago Law School. Uploaded on 27 June 2013.
Omri Ben-Shahar, The ‘No Contract’ Assurance. University of Chicago, 27 March 2012. Uploaded on 22 May 2012.
Jeff Berryman, Tort Law, Personal Injuries, and the New Multiculturalism. Western University. Uploaded on 17 November 2014.
Guido Calabresi, Tort Law in the Shadow of Agency Preemption. Keynote address at 2009 ASAL Symposium, 27 February 2009, New York University School of Law. Uploaded on 2 March 2009.
Elizabeth Cabraser, J Russell Jackson, Andre Mura and Victor Schwartz, A Brewing Debate: Does the Tort System Need Reform?. 12 October 2011, NYU School of Law. Uploaded on 14 October 2011.
Martha Chamallas, Gender-Inclusive Tort Law: Aren’t We There Yet?. Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 29 March 2016.
Antony Duff, Torts and Crimes. 7 November 2012, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Timothy Endicott, Interpretation and the Rule of Law. 28 March 2013, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Lee Fennell, Property in Housing. University of Chicago. Uploaded on 4 December 2012.
Charles Fried‘s, ‘Contract as Promise: A Theory of Contractual Obligation’. Harvard Law School Library Book Talk, 23 September 2015. Uploaded on 24 September 2012.
John Gardner, Introducing the themes of The Quain Lectures 2014 and How can moral philosophers benefit from grappling with private law issues? Uploaded on 27 March 2014.
Mark Geistfeld, The Field of Torts in Law’s Empire. Inaugural Lecture of the Sheila Lubetsky Birnbaum Professorship of Civil Litigation, NYU Law School. Uploaded on 25 January 2010.
Clayton Gillette, Explaining Law and Economics. NYU School of Law, 22 October 2014. Uploaded on 3 November 2014.
Myriam Gilles, Georgene Vairo, Robert Klonoff and Catherine M Sharkey, Tort ‘Reform’ and its impact on the Development of US Law. The Pound Civil Justice Institute and Emory University School of Law. Uploaded on 22 October 2015.
Paul Goldstein, The Americanization of Global Copyright Norms. Frey Lecture 2015, Duke University School of Law, 17 September 2015, streamed live.
Tony Grabiner, Public Policy, Illegality and Contracts. Cambridge Private Law Centre, Allen and Overy Annual Law Lecture, 24 November 2015. Uploaded on 8 December 2015.
Francis Gurry, Re-thinking the Role of IP. The University of Melbourne. Uploaded on 2 September 2013.
John Harris, Brooke Magnanti and Anne Phillips, Owning Ourselves: Are our bodies our property?. IAI TV.
Dirk Hartog, Quantum Meruit and Old Age Care in American Family Life. 2011 Fulton Lecture in Legal History, University of Chicago. Uploaded on 23 May 2011.
Barbara Herman, The Moral Side of Non-negligence. Recorded on 26 February 2014, as the Dewey Lecture in Law and Philosophy at the University of Chicago Law School. Uploaded on 18 March 2014.
Scott Hershovitz, Tort and Revenge. Recorded on 16 March 2015, at Western University’s Faculty of Law. Uploaded on 16 March 2015.
Leonard Hoffmann, Constitutionalism and Private Law. 28 January 2015, 2015 Cambridge Freshfields Lecture. Uploaded on 31 January 2015.
Christian Joerges, The Challenges of Europeanization in the Realm of Private Law: A Plea for a New Legal Discipline. Herbert L Bernstein Memorial Lecture in International and Comparative Law, 16 September 2003. Uploaded on 10 June 2013.
Larissa Katz, Shyam Balganesh and Laura Underkuffler on Introduction to Property Theory by Gregory Alexander and Eduardo Peñalver. Recorded at Cornell University Law School on 3 October 2012. Uploaded on 3 October 2012.
Tsachi Keren-Paz, Interview with Tsachi Keren-Paz, by Diego Papayannis, in which he explains his background, his views on Tort Law, and the direction of his current work on Sex Trafficking. Uploaded on 12 March 2013.
Hein Kötz, Civil Justice Systems in Europe and the United States. Herbert L Bernstein Memorial Lecture in International and Comparative Law, 10 September 2002. Uploaded on 9 July 2014.
Peter Lachmann, The Penumbra of Thalidomide: The Litigation Culture and the Licensing of Pharmaceuticals. Baron Ver Heyden de Lancey Lecture on Medico-Legal Studies, 18 November 2011. Uploaded on 2 February 2016.
Joseph Lookofsky, Desperately Seeking Subsidiarity: Danish Private Law in Scandinavian, European and Global Context. Herbert L Bernstein Memorial Lecture in International and Comparative Law, 13 November 2007. Uploaded on 9 July 2014.
Anup Malani, Contract Law, Transaction Costs, and the Boundary of the Firm. University of Chicago, 9 November 2011. Uploaded on 3 April 2012.
Nick McBride, Sandy Steel, Jonathan Morgan and Janet O’Sullivan, ‘This House Believes That Duties of Care are Really Duties’. Cambridge University Law Society Debate, 4 March 2013. Audio only. Uploaded on 8 March 2013.
Beverley McLachlin, Developing the Private Law in the Face of the ‘Vanishing Trial’. Obligations VI Conference, 18 July 2012, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Thomas Merrill, Possession as a Natural Right. 10th Annual Hayek Lecture at NYU School of Law, 16 October 2014. Uploaded on 3 November 2014.
Paul Mitchell, Patterns of Legal Change. Inaugural Lecture, UCL Faculty of Laws, 9 February 2012. Uploaded on 21 September 2012.
Hanri Mostert, Accountability and Dependability as Pillars of Property Law. Inaugural lecture, University of Cape Town, 29 September 2010. Uploaded on 16 August 2012.
Liam Murphy, Explaining Law and Philosophy. NYU School of Law, 12 November 2014. Uploaded on 14 November 2014.
Ralph Nader, The Corporate Plot To Destroy Your Legal Rights. Mike Papantonio. Uploaded on 5 January 2017.
Ken Oliphant (‘Against Certainty’) and Donal Nolan (‘Deconstructing Duty’) at Obligations VI Conference. 18 July 2012, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 15 April 2014.
Kevin Outterson, The legal ecology of resistance, or why normal IP rules shouldn’t apply to antibiotics. Cambridge CIPIL Intellectual Property Seminar, 24 April 2014. Audio only. Uploaded on 25 April 2014.
Pascal Pichonnaz, Common Method of Interpretation for a More Harmonized Private Law in Europe – The Challenge to Go Beyond Black-letter Rules and Commentaries. Cambridge CELS Seminar, 20 February 2013. Audio only. Uploaded on 21 February 2013.
Jeremias Prassl, Freedom of Contract in EU Law: from General Principle to Fundamental Right?. 11 February 2015, CELS, University of Cambridge (audio only). Uploaded on 11 February 2015.
Jennifer Robbennolt, Valerie Hans, Stephen Daniels and Barney Shultz, The Psychology of Tort Law – A Panel Discussion. University of Illinois College of Law. Uploaded on 30 March 2016.
Andrew Robertson, The Assumption of Responsibility. Cambridge Private Law Centre Seminar, 23 January 2015. Audio only. Uploaded on 26 January 2015.
Catherine Sharkey, Tom Tyler, Jeffrey Rachlinski and Stewart Schwab, The Psychology of Tort Law by Valerie P Hans and Jennifer K Robbennolt. 5 February 2016, Cornell University Law School. Uploaded on 11 February 2016.
Kenneth Simons, Assumption of Risk and Consent in the Twenty-First Century. 30 March 2016, University of California, Irvine, School of Law. Uploaded on 21 April 2016.
Robert Stevens, Causation and Contribution. 19 March 2014, Western University, Ontario. Uploaded on 11 April 2014.
Joseph Stiglitz, The Economic Foundations of Intellectual Property. Frey Lecture 2007, Duke Law School, 16 February 2007. Uploaded on 5 January 2010.
Jörg Tittel, Charles Brownstein, Christopher Sprigman and Barton Beebe, Copyright vs. Creativity: Is Intellectual Property Reserved for the 1%?. NYU School of Law, 23 September 2014. Uploaded on 21 October 2014.
Prue Vines, Apologising for personal injury – when to say you’re sorry. UNSW Law Professorial Lecture, 7 October 2011. Uploaded on 11 October 2011.
G Edward White, The Transformation of the Civil Trial and the Emergence of American Tort Law. Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, 10 March 2016. Uploaded on 31 March 2016.
Benjamin Zipursky, Responsibility for Online Defamation. Tort Law Research Group, Western University. Uploaded on 29 February 2016.
Conference: Contract Law in Context: Identity, Power, and Contractual Justice
Wake Forest University, 26 March 2010. AUDIO ONLY, uploaded on 31 January 2013.
- Broadening the Contractual Context (Amy Schmitz, Sandra Miller, Marcus Cole)
- Contract in Socio-Cultural Context (Nancy Kim and Patricia Sanchez)
- Contract Law in Context (Debora Threedy, John Phillips and Nate Oman)
- Contract’s View of Context (Blake Morant, Larry DiMatter, Robert Hillman and Daniel Barnhizer)
Conference: Fault in Contract Law
University of Chicago Law School, 26-27 September 2008. Uploaded June-July 2013.
- Oren Bar-Gill, An Information-Based Theory of Willful Breach.
- George Cohen, The Fault that Lies Within Our Contract Law.
- Richard Craswell, When Is Willful Breach ‘Willful’?
- Ariel Porat, A Comparative Fault Defense in Contract Law.
- Eric Posner, Fault in Contract Law.
- Richard Posner, Let Us Never Blame a Contract Breaker.
- Robert Scott and Fabrizio Cafaggi, In (Partial) Defense of Strict Liability.
- Steven Thel, A Promisor-Based Defense of Willful Breach Doctrine.
St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, 21-22 February 2014. Uploaded 28 February and 5-31 March 2014
- Behavior, Bargaining, Incentives and Contract (Kenneth Ching, Wendy Netter Epstein, Andrew Verstein and Eric Zacks)
- Contract and Choice (Daniel Barnhizer, Max Helveston, Michael Pratt and Gregory Shill)
- Contract and its Relationship to other Doctrines (Jamie Fox, Juliet Moringiello, Roni Rosenberg, Robert Whitman and Deborah Zalesne)
- Contract as a Civil Right (Robin West)
- Contract Interpretation (Shawn Bayern, Peter Gerhart and Amir Pichhadze)
- Contract Law and Social Justice: An Oxymoron? (Danielle Hart, Hila Keren, Charles Knapp, Peter Linzer, and Amy Schmitz)
- Contracts and Commercial Dealings (Sidney Delong, Peter Marchetti, Michael Pinsof and Jeremy Telman)
- Contracts and Employment (Rachel Arnow-Richman, Meredith Miller and Masaki Nakabayashi)
- Contracts and Teaching (Lucille Ponte, Todd Sullivan, Alan White, and Candace Zierdt)
- Contracts and Technology (Christopher Bisping, Timothy Dodsworth, Deb Quentel, Jeffrey Ritter and David Tollen)
- Contracts Roundup (Thomas Barton, Suren Gomtsyan, Marc Roark, Tibor Tajti and Manuel Ustet)
- Dispute Resolution by Contract (Hiro Aragaki, Daniel Becker, Caio Gabra de Almeida, Allen Blair and Benjamin Pomerance)
- Emergence of Contracts Standards and its Future Impact on Legal Education (Kingsley Martin)
- International Issues in Contracting (Reza Beheshti, Larry DiMatteo, and Lyn KL Tjon Soel Len)
- Justice and Contract Avoidance (Babette Boliek, Gerrit De Geest and Joasia Luzak)
- Law, Literature and Contracts (Ariela Gross, Lenora Ledwon, Deborah Post and Pat Williams)
- Plenary Session: The Works of Linda J Rusch (Amy Boss, Neil Cohen, Larry Garvin and Stephen Sepinuck)
- Remedies (Scott Devito, Katie Gianasi, Jack Graves, Caprice Roberts and Nicholas Sage)
- Teaching Contracts in the Digital Age (Debra Cohen , Christina Kunz, John Mayer and Benjamin Templin)
- Third Parties (Nicolas Cornell, Monika Woodard and Dustin Zacks)
- Wrap Contracts by Nancy Kim (Wayne Barnes, Daniel Barnhizer, Miriam Cherry, Jim Gibson, Nancy Kim and Keith Rowley)
Conference: Litigation and Tort Reform
Northwestern University School of Law, 30 March 2007. Uploaded on 12 February 2008.
- Introduction (Marshall Shapo)
- Medical Malpractice, Insurance Coverage, and Tort Reform (Ronen Avraham, Yasutora Watanabe, Max Schanzenbach and David Hyman)
- Tort Reform Through the Courts: Neutral Principals of Stare Decisis in Tort Litigation (Victor E Schwartz)
- The Impact of Caps: Non-Economic Compensatory Damages and Punitive Damages (Ronald J Allen, Catherine M Sharkey and Ronen Avraham)
- Alternatives to Tort Liability (Michelle Mello, Paul Barringer and Paul Rubin)
Conference: Prague Conference on Political Economy (PCPE) 2012
Prague, Czech Republic, 26-28 October 2012. AUDIO ONLY, uploaded 7 November 2012.
- Opening of the Conference (Josef Šíma)
- The Place of Torts in Law and Economics: The Significance of the Liability Rule (Guido Calabresi)
- A free-market view on accidents and torts (Enrico Colombatto)
- The Economic Dynamics of Law (David M Driesen)
- Risk Distribution in the Law of Torts: Carrying Calabresi Further (Marc Geistfeld)
- Guido Calabresi and the Construction of Contemporary American Legal Theory (James Hackney)
- Some Thoughts on Yale and Guido (Laura Kalman)
- Juris Prudence: Calabresi’s Uneasy Relationship with the Coase Theorem (Steve Medema)
- Assessing the Insurance Role of Tort Liability after Calabresi (W Kip Viscusi and Joni Hersch)
Conference: Restitution Rollout: The Restatement (Third) of Restitution and Unjust Enrichment
25 February 2011, Washington and Lee University School of Law. Uploaded 22-23 October 2013.
- Overview and Unjust Enrichment (Mike Traynor, Louis Wolcher, Peter Linzer and Donna Huffman)
- R3RUE and Contract (Joseph Perillo, Caprice Roberts, David Campbel , Victor Goldberg and Alexander Stremitzer)
- Keynote Address (Andrew Kull)
- Defense (Lionel Smith, Adam Rigoni, Anthony Duggan and George Roach)
- Restitution on the Cutting Edge (David Partlett, Russ Weaver, Jim Rogers and Candace Kovacic Fleischer)
Conference: Third Restatement of Torts
Wake Forest University School of Law, 2-3 April 2009. AUDIO ONLY, uploaded 28 January 2013.
- Causation (David Robertson and Joe Sanders)
- Duty in the Third Restatement (Jonathan Cardi, Mark Geistfeld and Victor Schwartz)
- Negligence (Kenneth Abraham, Ariel Porat and Aaron Twerski)
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress (Martha Chamallas, Greg Keating, Martin Mathews and Robert Rabin)
- Risk Creation and Foreseeability (John Goldberg, Ben Zipursky, David Owen and Jane Stapleton)
Symposium in honour of John McCamus
7 February 2013, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University. Uploaded 25 March 2013.
- Access to Justice (Janet Mosher, Trevor Farrow and Michael Trebilcock)
- Civil Liberties (Nathalie Desrosiers, Fay Faraday and Sonia Lawrence)
- Contract Law (Stephen Waddams, Michael Pratt and Angela Swan)
- Keynote address (Roderick A Macdonald)
- Restitution Law (Andrew Kull, Dan Priel and Benjamin Geva)